Palouse Adult League (PAL)
Adult Tournaments at the Palouse Ice Rink:
- Puck-a-Palousa Wednesday March 22nd – Sunday March 26th 2023! For 2023 Rosters click here!
- Emerald Cup! March 31st – April 2nd 2023
- OId Timers’ Tournament: April 14th – 16th 2023! Rosters click here:
- Women’s Care Cup Annual Tournament April 21-23rd CC rosters click Here:
- Draft Tournament April 28-30th
- The Longest Hockey Game Fundraiser – May 7th – 3pm – midnight – Spaghetti feed – Adult League Appreciation party
Coming to you in the season 2023-2024 =
- Fall Skate the dust off tournament September – TBA
- Turkey Shoot-out Tournament: Weekday of November Break (no games Thursday or Friday)!
- The Holiday Classic Tournament Weekdays of Christmas Break!
- Spring Break 3v3 – Tournament!
- Draft Tournament – May – TBA
Please note that registration for these tournaments fill up quickly. Please email email@example.com with questions, for details, and to register!!
Registration for adult League season 2022-2023 opens Aug 14th – Register here! __________________
Registration closes January 20th! – You may register but may be placed on a waitlist.
Please make an account with Sports Engine to access our ONLINE registration platform: https://palouse-ice-rink-id.sportngin.com/register/form/147714345
The Palouse Ice Rink offerhttps://palouse-ice-rink-id.sportngin.com/register/form/316831446s the fun and excitement of hockey for adult players who are experienced, as well as those who are new to the sport. Four levels of competition are available (see below). We are in the process of taking registrations and forming teams for the 2021-2022 Season, Space is limited, so complete and submit your registration now! For adult league questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view our adult league team schedules: https://palouse-ice-rink-id.sportngin.com/schedule/team_instance/8198724?subseason=859649
|Populated by advanced, experienced, competitive skaters. Usually players who have played hockey growing up, and continued on to higher levels of College or beyond.|
|“B Major” (B+) League
|Populated by upper Intermediate players. Those who have a high level of basic hockey skills. He/ She has a very high understanding of team play and where they should be positional on the ice. Forward and backward skating is strong with good maneuverability and transition. They may have played high school varsity or adult league for quite some years.|
|“B Minor” (B-) League
|Populated by lower to middle intermediate players that know the rules, can stop rather well, but may be less experienced adult recreational player. The player has limited understanding of where they should be on the ice, but understands basic game concepts. Forward and Backward skating may be somewhat strong but maneuverability and transitions still need work. This division fosters skill development and collegiality. Rosters are built deliberately for balance across the league, with the goal to create learning opportunities for all.|
|Emerald (C) League
|Populated by beginner or novice skaters who may be new to the game and learning the rules. Also supporting experienced members of this league may have skated for 2 to 3 years but are still working on skating, stick handling or fundamentals. Game function of the league is to recruit new players into the league and develop them for the next League. Ice time consists of both scheduled games and practice sessions.|
Emerald League practice sessions will involve skills and training, but some will be used for Open Hockey. Emerald League Practice – Skills and Training: B- players may attend these League Practice sessions by paying a sub fee. Please email the Emerald League contacts, so we can gauge numbers and inform you if we have reached our maximum for that session. Emerald League Practice – Open Hockey: A signup roster will be available for the Open Hockey times and initially only open to Emerald League players. When they are not filled the day before the game, B- players will be able to sign up. Click here to sign up for practices!
*NOTE: All Adult league games are non-checking and follow USA Hockey guideline and rules if not otherwise specified. We want players to work hard and realize collisions happen, but try your best to be safe, avoid reckless behavior and stay in-control of your play.
How to build your team or join a team:
One may sign-up as a team or as an individual. Team captains will work with other team captains, and the Palouse Adult League Committee to ensure a level of equality between teams. If a team appears to be over-experienced and not comparable to other teams in the league they will be asked to resubmit an appropriate roster. The PAL committee will approve rosters upon the discussion in the captains meeting (taking place at the end of Aug.) and after evaluating the other division rosters. The goal is to be able to play with those you wish, but also keep fairness, fun, and appropriate competitiveness in perspective. Our goal is to have an inclusive environment. Players who are less strong in the division are expected to be recruited by captains and be allowed opportunities for involvement just as much as the stronger players in the league. Captains please mix up your rosters to be inclusive, avoid stagnation, and recruit players that will equal out as an average team in your division.
Players signing up as an individual / free agents / those who do not have a team or are new to the league may register as a “free agent” and we will find you a team! We may request a player to participate in a skate rate or be evaluated during the first few games of the season, to assure a good team fit. If there are no team openings, then a misfit team of “free agents” will be created. If there is not enough space available to add an additional team in the league or on a team. The free agent players will be placed on a waiting list until a spot becomes available. Teams who do not pay as a team will be subject to having additional players added to their rosters at the discretion of the league committee.
Registration opens Aug 1st 2021! Players need to be fully registered and pay by September 25th! A late fee after September 25th for registration is $25.00 and is contingent if space permits.
Below is a list of all team contacts. These contacts will be signing up as teams. Please contact the league liaison with questions or concerns or the league Staff by emailing: email@example.com
|“A” League Liaison:||Xavier Murdoch – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wanna Bees||Xavier Murdoch – email@example.com|
|Moscow Mountain||DJ Maxey – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|B+ League Liaison:||Jim Parsons – email@example.com|
|Red Army||Jim Parsons – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Moscow Title||Steve Bush- email@example.com|
|Gem State||Evan McLean- firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Corner Club||Angela Johnson – email@example.com|
|Hunga Dunga||kris firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Snow Cats – Hockey||TBA – email@example.com|
“B- ” League
|B- League Liaison:||Jessie Hockett – Jessie@goalie4life.com & VP Shelley Pressley – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|One World Buzz||Mark Billings – email@example.com|
|Nord Stars||Cliff Berkman – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Scorchers||Brad Jaeckel – Jaeckel_bus@hotmail.com|
|Bottom Shelf Boozers||JD Poulos – email@example.com|
|Monty Pylons||Jessie Hockett – Jessie@goalie4life.com|
|Puckers||Shelley Pressley – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Valley Vending – TBA ?||Mike S.- email@example.com ?|
Emerald League “C”
|Emerald League Liaison:–||Alistair Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Paradise Creek Tricycles – Orange||T-Jay – email@example.com|
|Geek Squad – Black||Alistair Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org|
Vally Vending – TBA
|Gen F. – Butchandgen@gmail.com|
League Liaison Responsibilities:
- Help rink staff facilitate the league
- Ambassador for perspective league
- Address concerns and questions among league
- Distribute updates and information
- Help find a volunteer to record league stats for the season and monitor
“Being a leader is not about you. It’s about the people that are on your team and how you can help them be successful.” – Susan Vobejda
- Captains are to form & organize an appropriate team
- Collect all paper work and money
- Communicate with players, rink staff and league Liaison
- Inform players of games
- Find subs if need be
Looking for a Sub for your team? *
Sub policy –
Note on sub courtesy, ethics and sportsmanship – To develop our leagues and players, it is a courtesy to try to find subs from the lower levels to build up our players from lower levels and get them experience in the higher league. This encourages fair play as well to try to litigate advantage of getting an experienced sub. Please try to ask a variety of players to sub. Usually only a few of the regulars get asked, lets strive to be inclusive and fair.
League Pages to view schedule: 2022-2023 Season
A = https://palouse-ice-rink-id.sportngin.com/schedule/day/league_instance/185654?subseason=859645
B+ = https://palouse-ice-rink-id.sportngin.com/page/show/7601843-b-league-2022-2023-?subseason=859645
B- = https://palouse-ice-rink-id.sportngin.com/schedule/day/league_instance/185656?subseason=859648
Emerald League = https://palouse-ice-rink-id.sportngin.com/page/show/7601862-emerald-league-2022-2023-?subseason=859647
* The PIR PAL has been given permission to post contact names via individual registration forms. If you’d like to be removed from this listing please email: email@example.com List not for redistribution.
- #1 = September 6th – Zoom – Thank you Derek, Xavier, David, Jim Adult League community –
- Passing, fitness off ice, short shifts, great hockey tips, head up, build a team philosophy!
- # 2 = September 2oth 2021 – WSU Guest Presenters – https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1dJlYmzdJcA3ewV8iI5NeGYuxQJ_fleex/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=105323020393783349441&rtpof=true&sd=true
- #3 – Guest Speakers – TBA –
- Captains meeting took place in September 2021
- New rule changes – https://www.minnesotahockey.org/news_article/show/1174479 – Specifically cracking down on ““recklessly endangers” –
- Logistics of teams, players. format
- Chalk talks
Meeting Minutes 9/14/2021
B Minor Meeting
- Laura appreciates us and adult hockey. Thanks, Laura!
- Registering with Sports Engine as individuals to do paperwork
- Can put in $0 to bypass the payment part to get registration done
- Team fee: $3950 How to split determined by teams
- $375 player/$200 goalie for 10 players works out to $3950
- Can do individual Fees through Sports Engine. It’s easier for the rink to pay online.
- $12 service fee by paying through Sports Engine
- They can invoice you through Sports Engine.
- Cash or check means no fee. Credit Card costs rink transaction fee.
- Team fee discounted $50 if whole team fee is on one check.
- Can go back and pay in Sports Engine later
- Can do payment plans for those who need it. Not very public, but willing to work
- Conducting survey mid-December, esp. in terms of team fee format
- Pylons sitting good with 10-ish. Have an extra goalie in Zak who’s in the Free Agents area
- Buzz everyone’s coming back, doing a mixed goalie situation
- Scorchers: Most is intact for the year. Luke Harmon a free agent wants a new team (to Brady?). Would rather stick with 9 but will do a 10th if necessary
- Boozers: Should be good. Has 10. Lost Kathy, got Paul back. Back to standard drinking team. 10 skaters and a goalie.
- Puckers: 10, would rather have 8 or 9 but not sure how travel will work with covid.
- Team FKA Brady: Nordic Stars or something like that. Cliff just became captain a few days ago and have a pretty short roster atm. Probably picking up free agents. Prefers 10 and goalie
- Misfits: Have 11 and goalie committed.
- Oct. 17 is first games
- Hoping to start putting in ice Oct 1, wants to get admin stuff done before that.
- Covid: Follow state and local guidelines and recommendations from CDC. Masks recommended, not required, esp. if close to others. Could change. Masks are available if needed. Staff will be wearing one when around others. Keeping up on cleaning and such (cleaning every hour). No lobby lingering; turnovers in less than 15 min. Come with gear on. Locker rooms for goalies only.
- Papers are signed for new rink. Chiropractor right next door! Ordering steel, loan went through, construction any day. Design in final stages.
Comments are closed.